Whilst we sing “never smile at a crocodile”, this year kids will be encourage to look, pet, cuddle and truly understand our crocodiles at the Samford Show this year.
Kids will be smiling at crocs, snakes, lizards and goannas at the Samford Show this year, as Gary Sippel and his team of reptiles from Dreamtime Reptiles join the Samford Show on the 10th and 11th July.
Gary started his business Dreamtime Reptiles in 2007 with the aim of educating the public about reptiles, ” it’s really just understanding their importance to the environment, once you get around that point they really grow on you in a way, they’re quite fascinating”.
Our Very Best 10 Crocodile Facts:
1. Crocodiles are very social animals that prefer to live near each other. They are also very vocal, and they have unique sounds that mean different things.
2. When a young crocodile is about the hatch from its egg, it will make a chirping sound which alerts the mother.
3. Crocodiles have very good night vision and a strong sense of smell, so they can see animals easily in the dark and smell them from miles away.
4. Crocodiles are excellent swimmers. They are known to stay underwater for almost an hour and can even swim at 20 miles per hour.
5. The tongues of the crocodiles are not free. They cannot move since they are held in place by a membrane. They cannot stick their tongues out.
6. No matter how big the crocodile is, the average egg is about the size of a goose egg.
7. The teeth of the crocodiles can be replaced if it falls off throughout their lives.
8. Crocodiles are extremely light sleepers. They are always alert, and some even sleep with one eye open.
9. The lifespan of crocodiles is 70-100 years.
10. Crocodiles do not chew the food they eat. They bite big volumes of foods and swallow them as a whole.
The Samford Show volunteers favourite crocodile jokes:
1. Q:How many arms does a crocodile have? A: It depends on how many people it’s caught.
2. Q: Why don’t crocodiles like fast food? A: It’s too hard to catch.
3. Q: What do crocodiles call small people? A: Appetizers.
4. Q: Who gives crocodiles presents on Christmas? A: Santa Jaws
Samford Pet Parade: Don’t forget that whilst at the show kids are encouraged to bring their favourite pet along for the Samford Pet Parade competition on Saturday 10th July at 1.45pm at the Committee House stage (straight after the Great Samford Dog Jump and the Miniature Dog Jump):
Prizes are given for: Best costume, best trick, best animal joke, owner and pet look alike competition and favourite pet.
Gate Admission Prices
Our ticketing system enables entry to the Showgrounds at any time on either or both Saturday and Sunday, subject to competing your COVID pass on each day.
|One Day||Two Days|
|Family (2 Adults & 3 Children)||$45||$65|
|Children (5 – 17)||$10||$15|
|Children (Under 5)||Free||Free|
(Become a member and save! Receive discounted and unlimited entry to this year’s 2021 show – check out our Membership page).
The 2021 Annual Samford Show will again have a focus on fun filled, family entertainment on the 10th & 11th July. “After year’s delay due to COVID, we are really excited and ready to celebrate the return of the Samford Show this year”, said Samford Show President...
There is so much on at the year's Samford Show that we have to break it down into little bits. FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE SAMFORD SHOW. 1. Last weekend of the July Qld School Holidays 2. Free Science Stage Show and Workshops kids will love 3. Kids under 5 are...
The Samford Show will bring exciting science stage shows and hands-on science workshops at this year’s Show on the 10th and 11th of July. Street Science delivers the ultimate science experience with fun and hands on action with their mini workshops. This years...
Every year at the Samford Show we have something new and exciting to entertain you. We have had everything from Aerial FMX Motorcross, to the Cage of Death, Street Science and Dreamtime Reptiles. Year after year, we pride ourselves on bringing quality and world class...
Don't Forget to Smile at a Crocodile! Kids will be smiling at crocs, snakes, lizards and goannas at the Samford Show this year, as Gary Sippel and his team of reptiles from Dreamtime Reptiles join the Samford Show on the 10th and 11th July. Dreamtile Reptiles owner...